TREAT-NMD is a global network of experts in the neuromuscular field. Everyone in our network helps us work towards our mission to accelerate the development of effective treatments and establish the best in diagnosis and care for people worldwide.
We are internationally recognised for our key role in successfully addressing some of the major issues that face therapeutic development in neuromuscular diseases. We have a strong track record of advising the scientific and medical community and providing industry with essential go-to resources including education masterclasses, advice on clinical trial readiness, and global data provision to advance novel treatments for neuromuscular conditions.
Our membership includes key opinion leaders within the neuromuscular community whose mission is to support all stages of therapy development to improve the health and quality of people’s lives. We are committed to promoting strong collaborations between patients, clinicians, industry, academic and research institutions, and regulators. We recognise the advantages of working together to accelerate cutting-edge therapies for otherwise unmet needs.
TREAT-NMD is very grateful to all those who give their time to the committees we rely on for advice, support, and governance.
- Neuromuscular Disease Executive Advisory Committee (NMDAC)
- Education Committee (TEC)
- Advisory Committee for Therapeutics (TACT)
- Global Data (systems) Oversight Committee (TGDOC)
- Our disease specific task forces, working groups and panels.
TREAT-NMD Alliance Ltd is a registered charity with a wholly owned business arm called TREAT-NMD Service Ltd. The companies are owned by our network, and work to drive forward its aims.
To accelerate the development of effective treatments and to establish best practice diagnosis and care for neuromuscular patients worldwide.
To operate a collaborative, inclusive global network and organisational infrastructure that will overcome fragmentation, providing support services, information and data to advance treatment, diagnosis and care for neuromuscular patients globally.
- Leverage and expand our global reach.
- Provide the ‘go to’ tools and services to support each stage of translational research.
- Provide educational tools to improve diagnosis, treatment and care.
- Facilitate agreement and adoption of standardised care guidelines, pre-clinical models, outcome measures and disease-specific datasets.
- Further de-risk and accelerate the development of therapies by extending our advisory committees and enquiries processes.
- Raise our profile and that of the neuromuscular disease areas we serve.
- Facilitate best practice in data collection and become the ‘go to’ provider of NMD data to support evaluation, approval and post authorisation requirements of new treatments.